Wednesday, June 9, 2010

dating coach?

My eflirtexpert- Laurie, whom I met on twitter has offered me little bits of friendly advice plus offered other ppl the same and I put it in my brain vault in the corner designated for dating errors. Pretty much all of her suggestions were things I did the complete opposite, so i saw a theme immediately. I also read most of her site(http://www.eflirtexpert.com/) which is a barrel of advice. So, through discussion about what I look for. It took me a long time to nail it down. For many years I thought anyone that wanted me was good enough, as long as they have a car and drink good beer.

But that didn't seem to be working in my favor so I narrowed it down. I like more subversive guys. Usually they have tattoos although that isn't a "requisite", major things are a car( how am Igoing to be whisked away to nyc for a weekend, oh a NH lodge?), major sarcasm, a mean streak, just slightly and educated, and that doesn't mean paper on a wall, I think a major reader can be just as educated, and likes good beer is not "necessary" but a bonus. So, by Lauries educated prodding I joined okcupid. I always found okcupid to be soooo "out there", since it is free everyone goes on there. When I taught, all my students were on there so I steered away, as far as possible, esp since I told my students I was engaged( long story). So I joined, she advised me on photos? two? one face, one body? all fancy or more casual like me?Joining nearly blew my head. Whatdid I want to say. No advice could help, it was down to my words and "stay upbeat". And so I jumped in the pool. It was not 81 degrees like my pool at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment