Saturday, June 12, 2010

okcupid, work your magic baby

I joined okcupid and I thought I would be bombarded immediately. Maybe i just hoped but, ether way, it was depressing that it was such a slow start. The site also tells you if people reply to emails "often", "seldom", "rarely". Everyone I was matched up with I found the "rarely", this frustrated me immediately because I put this effort into meeting these people and was trying to hold a positive outlook but these potentially cool guys "rarely" respond, which makes me thing;what is the point. But I pushed on. I wrote a journal which it is said helps bring people to your site( I think Laurie said!).
I actually wrote on the topic of the frustration of people not replying to emails and one guy so aptly replied "get used to it." I emailed a few guys that seemed my type and heard back, we emailed a bunch but I could see it was heading nowhere but still was progress from not even having an account( I was acting interested-right?). I do not want to email with someone that is never going to ask me out. I don't mind hinting at getting a drink or meeting but really I would prefer not to have to. These email options I decided not to hint, even if we emailed many times. I consulted Laurie (http://eflirtexpert.com). She told me that I had to be confident and patience is key, also to switch up my photos on a regular basis, just juggle them around, add or delete.
Patience is definitely not a virtue I posses but I committed myself to follow her rules, her multiple successes definitely trumped my 34 years of failure.
Once I started shuffling I did get more emails. I found that I was emailing many guys so I felt more confident starting emails with new potentials. I read a ton of profiles and some of which were so funny I laughed out loud, but, of course, they replied "rarely", so I would drop and note saying their profile was a riot but never heard back.
Laurie (http://www.eflirtexpert.com) also told me that guys are not likely to reply to a wink. Send a message, it looks better. But, alas, eventually you get lazy. I found one guy, I could tell he was a riot from his pic( priority), and I sent a wink. He didn't really fit my "mold" but I just formed that a week prior, who knows. So after like 3 emails he asked me out(score), for the following Friday.
I agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment